- For the Salad:
- ~ 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ~ 2 cups cooked black beans
- ~ 8 cups shredded lettuce (I used romaine)
- For the Dressing:
- 1 jalapeño, half the ribs and seeds removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 ounces cilantro (about 1 cup packed)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon water
- For the Tortilla Strips:
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons oil
- For the Salad: Prep the salad ingredients and arrange in 4 bowls. Set aside.
- For the Dressing: Combine all the dressing ingredients (EXCEPT the water) in a blender or food processor and process until very smooth. Add water to thin it out as necessary at the end.
- For the Tortilla Strips: Warm the oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Cut the tortillas into small strips and add to the pan. Coat with the oil and fry/sauté until crispy, about 4ish minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt. Once cooled, store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with the crispy tortilla strips. Eat so much of it!
I removed half the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño because of the spice factor, but feel free to leave ’em in if you’re into that kind of thing.
I used Greek yogurt, but I’d guess that using plain yogurt would work great too – you probably wouldn’t need to thin it out with any water though.
For a dairy-free dressing: swap out the yogurt for avocado instead.