- 6 medium to large beets (the larger the better)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper flakes for spice
- Peel beets. Cut off bottom, but keep top attached to use as a handle.
- Slice beets on mandoline to thinnest possible setting (about 1/16th of an inch). *For heart-shape, cut a triangular chunk from the top and slice a smaller chunk from each side near bottom to make a triangle on the bottom, then slice on mandoline. Alternatively, you could slice, then use a cookie cutter to shape into hearts.*
- Add beets to bowl with olive oil, then add salt, pepper, and optional spice. Coat with oil and spices, then place flat on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. (Or use a silpat.)
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes on 350 degrees, checking about every 10 minutes to make sure they aren’t burning. EAT immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Snacks