- 2 pounds broccoli florets
- olive oil or avocado oil as needed
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (can also sub chopped walnuts)
- 2–3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- salt & pepper (about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon each)
- optional: red pepper flakes, or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Break apart your broccoli heads into florets. Drizzle with enough oil to lightly coat, and then add the lemon zest and about half the lemon juice. (You can do this in a bowl or directly on the lined sheet pan.) Combine well, then add almonds and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Spread onto 2 large parchment- or silpat-lined baking trays. Bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on your roasty toasty preferences.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining lemon juice and serve!