This tangy roasted vegetable salad is the perfect vegetable dish for both salad lovers and salad haters!
- For the Vegetables:
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 small head broccoli
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1–2 Tablespoons avocado oil (or other oil for cooking)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon (or lime) juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey (or more to taste)
- For the Salad:
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- (Also optional – add Crispy Stovetop Chicken Thighs or Shredded Chicken)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- For the Vegetables: Combine the salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Wash the asparagus and either remove the tough, stringy ends or peel the touch ends. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Rinse the broccoli and break / cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the onions into large-ish chunks.
- Clean mushrooms – either by rinsing or by wiping them down with a damp towel. Cut into equal-sized quarters or halves.
- Place the vegetables on two sheet pans. I recommend pairing the short-cook veggies (those like tomatoes, asparagus, summer squash, zucchini) together and place them on one, with the long-cook veggies (onions, mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers, brussels sprouts, cauliflower) on the other one. Toss vegetables with oil, then season both trays evenly with the spices (previously mixed and set aside).
- Roast short-cook veggies for approximately 8-12 minutes and the long-cook veggies for approximately 12-16 minutes, or until they reach desired doneness.
Feel free to use a wide array of vegetables here! Be sure to separate them by those that take around the same amount of time to cook.
This recipe serves 6 as a side dish, or 3-4 paired with protein as a main. Add 4-6 ounces chicken and/or 1 cup beans to complete the meal!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American, Summer