- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp butter (for vegan, replace with more oil)
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can white beans (about 1.5 cups cooked)
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 zucchini, diced (optional)
- 1/2 pound shrimp (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (optional)
- optional shredded parmesan cheese for serving
- Mince or slice the garlic. Melt butter in a pan with olive oil and garlic and cook on the stove over very low heat for about 3-5 minutes. You can let it reach a low simmer, but keep a very close eye on it because it can easily burn. Remove from heat BEFORE it starts to brown and set aside. (It will continue cooking in the oil a bit, so keep an eye on it. If your oil is too hot and it starts to burn, strain out the garlic or put it in the fridge.)
- Meanwhile, remove the broccoli from the stem and chop florets into bite-sized pieces, slice the cherry tomatoes in half, chop the zucchini, and wash and chop the optional herbs. Drain and rinse the white beans (cannelloni).
- In a casserole dish, mix together the vegetables, beans, and spices (not the herbs). Pour the garlic oil/butter mixture over the top and mix well.
- Bake on 425º for about 25 minutes. If using shrimp, you can mix the shrimp in as well and bake until it is pink and cooked through. (If using pre-cooked shrimp, mix it in just for the last 5 minutes of baking.)
- Mix in the optional herbs (basil, parsley) just before serving and top with parmesan cheese if you’d like. Serve as is or over whole wheat pasta, quinoa, or even zucchini noodles!