- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 an onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary (about 2 tablespoons)
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 small to medium head cauliflower (about 3-4 cups florets)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Bring broth to a boil and cook the cauliflower, covered, for about 5-8 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, using a large pan, sauté the onions and mushrooms together in the butter for about 8 minutes. Then add the rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and set aside. Drain, not strain – save the broth. Prepare your rice as normal, but use the cauliflower broth and add about 1/4 – 1/2 cup extra liquid than you’d normally use. (I used 3.5 cups broth to 1 cup rice.) Bring rice and broth to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 35 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, add cooked cauliflower to blender in batches, along with about half of the mushroom mixture and 1/2 a cup of the extra broth.
- Mix the cauliflower into the cooked rice and add the mozzarella cheese (optional).
- Dish rice into bowls, top with the mushrooms and onions and a little parmesan cheese and serve!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Entree