These delicious butter-pecan date bites are made with ghee to reduce the lactose without compromising flavor. They’re sweet, rich, and taste decadent, without excessive sugar!
- 12–14 deglet noor or medjool dates, about 3/4 cup
- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 3/4 cup walnuts (can sub almonds or other nut)
- 3 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Water, as needed
- if desired, coarse sea salt and more hemp seeds for topping
- If dates are hard, place them in a glass bowl and cover them with very hot water. Soak for about 3-5 minutes to soften, then drain, reserving the water to use for blending just in case.
- Add pecans, dates, walnuts, hemp seeds, ghee, and salt to food processor and process until desired consistency is reached. You will likely have to scrape down the sides occasionally, and you might even need to add up to 1 Tablespoon of water (from the soaking water) to help things along. Feel free to add a pinch more salt if needed.
- Roll into 12-15 balls, approximately 1-Tablespoon each. Dip or roll each in hemp seeds and coarse sea salt if desired.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
Feel free to use another nut or seed in place of the walnuts here. I recommend keeping the pecans if you can though. :)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snack