- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian sausage seasoning
- 4 cups washed, drained, and roughly chopped kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional olive oil
- optional: Parmesan and parsley for topping
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, but cut it in half short-ways rather than long-ways. Drizzle with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper (if desired), and place cut-side down on a large baking sheet. Bake on 375ºF for about 30-40 minutes, or until tender. Turn over and let cool, then gently scrape out the inner strands.
- Meanwhile, warm a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the beef on all sides and add the sausage seasoning. If there’s no salt in your sausage seasoning, I recommend adding about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Stir in the kale and sauté just until wilted.
- When spaghetti squash is ready, combine strands with the beef and kale and top with (optional) Parmesan and parsley. Enjoy!