Make this easy roasted sheet pan dinner with delicata squash, broccoli, and easy meatballs made from ground sausage!
- 1 pound delicata squash (one medium-large)
- 2 pounds broccoli (florets and stems ok!)
- 1 pound ground pork sausage (I love Moink sausage here)
- 2 Tablespoons oil of choice (such as avocado oil)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper (if desired); I highly recommend these large baking sheets (Amazon affiliate link). If using aluminum or nonstick sheet pans, line with parchment paper.
- Prepare delicata squash: Cut the ends off the delicata squash to create a flat surface on either end, then cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard or save for roasting. Slice the squash into 1/4-inch slices. Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) and toss with half the oil, and half the red pepper flakes, salt, and smoked paprika. Spread the squash out on the large baking sheet in one layer.
- Place delicata squash in oven for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, you will flip each piece of delicata squash AND put the other sheet pan in the oven for the remaining 20 ish minutes of baking.
- Prepare broccoli: cut or break away the florets from the stem of the broccoli, break or cut these into bite-sized florets. If you're left with a large, long broccoli stem, peel it with a potato peeler and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Place on baking sheet and toss with the remaining oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and smoked paprika. Spread the broccoli out on the large baking sheet in one layer.
- Prepare sausage: Remove the pork sausage from its package and place in a bowl. Mix if needed to develop an even consistency, then divide into 12 meatballs. Roll each piece between your hands to smooth into balls, then place evenly on top of or nestle between the broccoli florets.
- After the delicata squash has been cooking for about 25 minutes, remove the squash and flip each piece then return to the oven. Add the second sheet pan (with broccoli and sausage) to the oven.
- Continue cooking both sheet pans for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked through and the pork is cooked through and a meat thermometer reads 145ºF. The delicata squash is done as soon as it starts to crisp up and develop a darker brown color on the bottom, which should take another 20-25 minutes.
- I recommend pork sausage here because it is fattier and more flavorful and harder to overcook and dry out. Feel free to try another sausage of choice!
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven, Sheet pan
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free dinner, AIP dinner, whole30 recipe, sheetpan dinner, healthy sheetpan dinner, gluten free sheetpan