This simple pan-seared salmon is fancy enough for date night, but easy enough for an amped-up weeknight meal.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, avocado oil, ghee, or butter
- 2 salmon fillets
- sprinkle of salt
- optional: sesame dressing
- optional: 1-2 Tablespoons butter or ghee for basting
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add the salmon, skin-side down, to the sizzling oil. DO NOT MOVE or adjust the salmon once it hits the oil. This is essential for crispy skin!
- Cook the salmon for 3-8 minutes on this side, or until you see that it is cooked about halfway up. Flip over the salmon.
- Optional: add some butter or ghee to the pan. Tilt the pan and use a spoon to scoop up this hot melted fat and drizzle it over the top of the salmon. Do this continuously or sporadically while the salmon finishes cooking for really flavorful skin.
- Cook for 3-8 minutes in total on the second side. You want to remove it right when the bottom cooked portion reaches the middle. (Does that make sense? I included pictures!)
- Remove the salmon and carefully pull out any remaining bones, then serve with your favorite sides!