- 1/2 pound chicken (dark meat for the win!)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar salsa (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup water or stock
- 1 can black beans (2-2.5 cups cooked beans)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- salt, pepper
- optional toppings: cheese, avocado, cilantro, tomato, lettuce, lime
- Roughly chop onion and place in bottom of slow cooker. Add chicken thighs and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and add to slow cooker. You want the chicken mostly covered. (If you use white meat chicken, you probably want to add a little more liquid to cover them completely.)
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or as long as 10 hours. Shred with a fork, and serve over cooked rice with a bunch of delicious toppings.
- Note: If you have a rice cooker with a steamer, just toss the rice in there when you get home, and fill the steamer with vegetables. Super easy complete meal!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Entree, Make Ahead