- 3–4 pounds pork shoulder (can also use loin if that’s what ya’ve got)
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon garlic powder, 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic, or 5-6 whole garlic cloves.
- Combine the spices and rub all over the pork. (If using whole garlic cloves, you can make shallow slices in the pork and shove them in, or just toss the garlic loosely in the slow cooker.)
- Add seasoned pork to slow cooker and cook on low for 8-12 hours.
- Check to make sure it is fall-apart tender, then shred.
- Store in juices until ready to serve!
4 pounds makes approximately 12+ servings. I assume approximately 4-5 oz (around 1/4 pound) meat per serving.
Optional: I highly recommend getting a little crisp on the pork when you heat it up! You can broil or toast it, but I often just crisp it up in my cast iron skillet before serving.
- Category: Meat, Slow Cooker