- 2 pounds broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon oil for cooking
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1.5 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- For the Broccoli: Steam broccoli in a large pot, steamer, or your microwave and set aside. (I just put 1 inch of water in the bottom of a pot, clean & chop the broccoli, and place it in a steamer insert, then put that inside the pot. Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes.)
- Warm the oil in a large pot and sauté the onions until just a bit opaque, about 3-5 minutes. Add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and cook another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the couscous, raisins, and boiling water and stir to combine. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove cove and fluff, then drizzle with a little olive oil before serving. Serve hot or cold and enjoy!
SERVE HOT OR COLD. :)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins