These delicious little spiced bites are a great way to increase your seed intake for seed cycling, or to boost your daily magnesium!
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup flaxseeds (or 3/4 cup ground)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–4 Tablespoons water (as needed – for mixing)
- If starting with whole flaxseeds, I recommend grinding them first and setting aside.
- Add pumpkin seeds to food processor and blend until a somewhat coarse flour forms (you don’t want it TOO powdery). Combine with the remaining dry ingredients: ground flaxseeds, coconut sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and see salt.
- Stir in the coconut oil and the vanilla. You will have a slightly dry dough, so add water as needed until you have a firm dough that sticks together.
- Divide into approximately 16 or 32 balls (depending on size preference). For looks: press a pumpkin seed into the top of each bite! Store in the fridge or freezer.
For seed cycling, divide into either 32 portions and consume two each day of your follicular phase, or into 16 large portions and consume one each day!
- Category: Snack, Dessert