- Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper. Let rest with the salt for at least 5 minutes.
- Warm a large skillet (I used a non-stick pan), over medium-high heat. Add the chicken legs (make sure they’re skin-side down). It should be sizzling, but not spattering. If oil is spattering, turn it down a bit. Cook undisturbed for 10 minutes, or until bottom side is dark brown. (For large thighs, cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken skin is crispy.)
- Flip chicken and cook for 5 more minutes undisturbed.
- Make space in the middle of the pan and add the garlic, coconut milk, half the lemon juice (about 2 TBSP), salt, and pepper. Mix well and coat the chicken (if you can). Bring to a very low simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the chicken should be ready! Be sure to check it with a meat thermometer (160ºF) or by pulling a piece apart and making sure there’s no pink next to the bone. (If it’s pink, stir the chicken and cook another 5-10 minutes.)
- To serve: Remove the chicken to a serving plate. Add the remaining lemon juice to the coconut mixture and stir well, scraping up any delicious brown bits from the pan. Taste and adjust accordingly, then pour sauce over chicken, or place in serving bowl for diners to serve themselves. It’s delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins