This spicy mango dip is perfect for summer get-togethers! Too spicy? Add cucumber!
- 1 large ripe red mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (include ribs and seeds for a spicier taste, if desired)
- 2–4 TBSP fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- tiny pinch of sea salt, to taste
- Optional: diced red bell pepper, cucumber, jicama.
- Prepare the mango: stand the mango up and slice down each side of the pit, avoiding the fibrous core. Hold the half a mango carefully skin side down and gently cut a checkerboard in the mango’s flesh. You can then use a spoon or the side of a glass to scoop out the diced mango.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. If time, let sit 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vegetable crudité, siete tortilla chips, in tacos, or with any protein of choice!
If using yellow “honey” mangoes, you’ll probably need two.
Cucumber is great to add if the salsa is a little too spicy.
Other great add-ins = jicama, diced red bell peppers.
- Category: Dip, Salsa
- Cuisine: Mexican American