- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 habanero pepper, minced (or to taste – this amount is SPICY)
- 8 oz ground beef (grass-fed if your wallet can swing it, half a pound)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- dash cayenne
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 1/4 cup salsa verde (or salsa of choice, but this is optional)
- 1 organic zucchini
- 1 cup greens (kale, spinach, etc.)
- 12 organic corn tortillas (or homemade corn or flour)
- 1/4 pound Oaxacan cheese, shredded (or just use 6-10oz any cheese of choice – monterey jack, queso fresco, cheddar, mozzarella, etc.)
- Sauté the onion in the coconut oil until slightly softened, then add the garlic and habanero and cook about 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add ground beef brown just a little bit, then add vegetable broth and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until ground beef is completely cooked.
- Add salsa verde, corn, and diced (or shredded) zucchini to pan and stir well. Cook until softened, then add greens and stir, cooking just until wilted.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate skillet over low to medium heat and warm your tortillas. I placed about three on (overlapping) at a time, and warmed them just enough to make them pliable.
- Once all your tortillas are warm, begin assembling quesadillas! Place cheese on half the tortilla, then add about 2-3 Tablespoons taco meat-veggie mixture, and top with more cheese. Fold over and place on skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 30 seconds, then flip, and cook until cheese is melted. Set aside and repeat with remaining tortillas. (You should be able to fit 3-4 in the pan at a time.) This should make 12 quesadilla tacos, with 2-3 per serving! Top with full-fat greek yogurt if it is too spicy and EAT!
- To Freeze: Place quesadillas in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in freezer for 1 hour, then remove and wrap in foil to store in airtight containers or plastic bags. Reheat in the oven or toaster oven on 350º for about 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snack, Appetizer