This Thai Red Curry Coconut Soup is a super easy flavor-packed meal that’s sure to become a weeknight dinner staple in your house!
- 4 servings rice noodles (brown or white)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin strips (julienne peeler)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger (~1 inch of ginger, grated)
- 1–2 Tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 can chickpeas (about 1.5 cups cooked)
- optional garnish: lime wedges and cilantro
- Follow package instructions for rice noodles. (Usually this means place rice noodles in shallow dish and cover with hot or boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes, then drain immediately and rinse with cold water. Set aside.)
- Sauté vegetables in coconut oil with salt for about 5 minutes, or until slightly soft. Add ginger, Thai curry paste, coconut milk, and drained chickpeas. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, divide the rice noodles among 4 bowls and top with the soup. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro, if you’ve got it!
- Category: dinner
- Method: one pot
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: coconut thai soup, plant based curry, vegan thai soup