Crispy kale chips are a snacker’s dream! Follow these tips for salty, crispy, evenly cooked kale chips!
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1–2 tbsp avocado oil (or other oil of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- optional – black pepper
- Wash kale. Remove the stem and rip or cut them into pieces. (About 1-2 inches across.)
- THOROUGHLY dry the kale leaves.
- Spread them out over two baking sheets and drizzle with olive oil. Massage oil into each piece of kale, on both sides. Every piece should be a little shiny with oil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and (optional) pepper, and bake in pre-heated 300-degree (F) oven for 18-24 minutes. Oven times may vary, so keep an eye on them. I recommend checking them around 18 minutes.
Drying the kale and spreading it out prevents chewy or soggy kale chips. It’s worth the extra steps, I promise.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crispy kale chips, kale chips, tips for kale chips, gluten free, vegan snacks, paleo snacks