- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- dash of salt
- optional add-ins: nuts, dried fruit, crispy rice, coconut flakes, sea salt, caramel, lime, cayenne, cinnamon, etc.
- Tools Needed: metal bowl, pot, spoon, silicone freezer-safe mold
- Chop up the cacao butter and place it in a heat-safe metal bowl. Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water (think double-boiler style) and stir until the cacao butter is melted.
- Remove bowl from heat! Add the cacao powder, honey, and a dash of salt to the bowl of cacao butter and mix until there are no lumps.
- Place the various ingredients throughout the silicone mold and top with chocolate. You could also start with a little chocolate on the bottom and mix the ingredients in. Try chocolate-nut butter-chocolate for a homemade Reese’s!
- Let the mold sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Category: Dessert