This bright and flavorful bun cha salad is the perfect healthy meal – and fancy enough for a dinner party! I consider this the perfect meal for entertaining!
For the Quick Pickled Veggies:
- 1.5 cups matchstick carrots
- 1.5 cups matchstick radishes (daikon or others)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (use less for less spicy)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos (or use honey for Low FODMAP)
For the Meatballs:
- One recipe of these Vietnamese Bun Cha Meatballs
For the Salad:
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons mint
- 3 Tablespoons basil
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro
- 3 scallions (1 cup chopped – use only green parts for Low FODMAP)
- 6 lime wedges
- 1/3 cup Primal Kitchens Chipotle Mayo or homemade mayo (thin it out with some of the pickling liquid to make a dressing if desired)
- Cut the carrots and radishes into matchsticks, or use a julienne peeler. (To save time, you can also grate them!). Place in a large shallow dish with the sliced jalapeño, and add the rice vinegar and coconut aminos or honey. Cover and set aside to “pickle” for 30 minutes if possible. (You can also shove them into a jar and cover them with the pickling liquid.)
- Prepare the Bun Cha Meatballs!
- Assemble your salad! Combine the chopped herbs in a bowl for easy grabbing, slice the lime into wedges, and feel free to thin out the mayo with a little of the pickling liquid (or water) if you prefer a dressing consistency. I recommend dividing the arugula among the bowls and placing the remaining ingredients on the table so everyone can make their own.
- Dig in!
Save some chopping by using your food processor to shred the quick pickled veggies.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
Keywords: salad, bun cha, vietnamese bun cha, vietnamese salad