- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp vinegar + 1 cup milk = 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup yogurt)
- 1 stick butter (113 grams)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- If using homemade buttermilk, combine the milk and the vinegar and set aside for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne, and dried parsley. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan and add minced garlic. Cook over very low heat for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add buttermilk (or yogurt).
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Stir to combine and then gently stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Drop just under 1/4 cup-size biscuits onto parchment-lined baking sheet.Bake for 12 minutes on 475ºF.