- 8–10 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5–6 cups cauliflower florets (or one head)
- 6–7 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes (~half a small jar)
- *1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 box (16 oz) whole wheat pasta
- Bring broth or water to a boil and cook the cauliflower, covered, for about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Using a large pan, sauté the minced garlic in butter for a few minutes, until soft and fragrant, but not brown. Remove from heat.
- Drain cauliflower (drain, not strain – save the water!), and add to blender in batches, with the garlic, salt, pepper, milk and 1/2 to 1 cup of the cauliflower broth, based on consistency.
- While you’re blending the cauliflower, bring the broth back to a boil and cook pasta according the package directions.
- Set half the cauliflower mixture aside for another use. Blend remaining mixture with the sun-dried tomatoes. Return to pan for a few minutes and add optional mozzarella cheese, then mix with whole wheat pasta and serve.
- *Half of the sauce + 16 oz of pasta makes 4-5 large servings, and even more sauce!
- Category: Entree, Pasta