- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove garlic (mince or crush)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (can use almond, cashew, cow’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Prepare the vegetables: slice the onion in wedges, chop the zucchini into small bite-sized pieces, and slice the tomato into about 8 slices. Mince the garlic.
- In a large cast iron skillet, warm a teaspoon of oil. Sauté the onion for a couple of minutes, just until slightly translucent. Add the chopped zucchini and garlic and sauté for another 3 minutes, or until most of the water has cooked out of the vegetables.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to taste. When the vegetables are done, pour the egg mixture into the pan. Let cook for another 2 minutes on the stovetop, then cover with the crumbled feta cheese and the sliced tomatoes.
- Remove from stovetop and place in oven. Bake on 350ºF for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through and slightly brown on top.
- Let cool slightly and carefully remove from pan, then sliced into 4-6 pieces. Serve immediately or store in the fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy.
- Optional: top with fresh herbs like basil or parsley.