Recipe: $2.50 | Per Serving: $0.42 | Yields: 6 Servings
Easy, Gingery, Shredded Cabbage Salad!
This is easy. Anybody can do it. You can do it with a knife, with a food processor, with a mandoline, or with a handheld slicer. It's also pretty flexible because you can substitute more or less of the vegetables you like or dislike.
Personally, I love the spicy flavor of daikon with the sweetness of carrots and the crunch of cabbage. And those are three incredibly cheap vegetables, so it makes this extra awesome.
If you're feeling like making this a meal, you can just make extra dressing and cook beef, chicken, or pork in some of the dressing. I also highly recommend the beef from the Korean Beef & Broccoli recipe.
Shredded Cabbage and Ginger Salad
- 2 cups cabbage napa, Chinese, purple, etc., shredded
- 1 ½ cups carrots shredded or julienned
- 1 ½ cups daikon radish shredded or julienned
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger or about a 1-inch piece
- ¼ cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, etc.
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce coconut aminos for Paleo version
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup skip for Whole30
- sesame seeds black or white
- green onion optional, for topping
- Korean Beef optional
- cold soba noodles optional
- Shred/julienne the cabbage, carrots, and daikon radish.
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, and radish together in a large bowl.
- In a jar (or food processor), shake the dressing ingredients well. Toss dressing with vegetables and top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Optional: add other toppings like green onions or pickled ginger, and protein like sesame shredded chicken, miso meatballs, or korean beef!