Per Serving: $1.12
Yield: 4- 6 Servings
This is why you should make Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce. Because you need it to make an Apple Bacon Pizza with Pumpkin Sauce. You won't regret it.
Side note about serving sizes: I made 4 small personal pizzas, instead of two larger ones, as the recipe calls for. So if you think that above image is 1 serving, then this recipe makes exactly 4 servings.
I wanted to call this Pumpkin Pizza, but I thought that might be a little misleading. The star here is definitely the Pumpkin Pizza Sauce, but I was afraid that "pumpkin pizza" might sound like pizza crust made from pumpkin, or pizza with chunks of pumpkin on top. It's all about that sauce.
I made a bacon-free version for myself, of course, but if I'm being honest, I could go either way. Which means: I've started to appreciate bacon, at the precise moment WHO declared it carcinogenic.
See? Sans bacon for me on this one. You could go either way. Let me know if you make this. Or if you use this delicious pumpkin sauce for something else!
Apple Bacon Pizza with Pumpkin Sauce
- 1 Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- ½ Pumpkin Sauce about 1 cup
- 1 medium apple
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- optional: herbs green onions, parmesan
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Divide the dough into two pizzas and roll out to desired thinness. (Recommended: ¼ inch) Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside while preparing toppings.
- Cook bacon so that it's still a little on the chewy side. It will continue cooking in the oven. Chop into chunks or small slices.
- Remove the core of the apple and cut into thin slices or matchsticks.
- Cover each pizza crust with about ½ cup of sauce. Add cheese and toppings and bake on 500ºF for about 10 minutes, or until bottom is slightly brown and the cheese is beginning to bubble. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply