Recipe: $2.51 | Per Serving: $0.63 | Yield: 4 | Jump to Recipe
I have made a lot of dressings over the last year or so, and this one is maybe possibly definitely my favorite. Spicy habanero pepper paired with cilantro and just a touch of mayonnaise is the perfect dressing, especially paired with last week's slow cooker shredded pork. I keep making this pretty easy cilantro habanero dressing and expecting it to last all week, but then dousing it on literally everything and running out early.
If you're not into spice, or jalapeños are easier to find, then you can sub the habanero with about 1/2 a jalapeño (or more, you do you!). But don't skip the Coconut Aminos! They're the sweet component with a touch of umami that brings the whole thing together. If you don't have them, you might find success with honey and a little added salt, but the flavor won't be exactly the same. Here are the basic ingredients, but feel free to taste and adjust as desired. I've used homemade mayo as well as the Primal Kitchens Chipotle Lime Mayo - so I think you can just use whatever you've got!Print
Have no fear! You can make a homemade salad dressing that blows the store bought stuff out of the park! It's as easy as finding a food processor or blender and whipping up these simple ingredients.
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Tablespoon mayo (homemade or Primal Kitchens)
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 habanero (can add more or less or sub with jalapeño)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Add all ingredients (except the oil) to a food processor or blender and blend until cilantro is chopped and dressing is mostly smooth.
- Add olive oil and blend just until smooth. (Blending olive oil too much can cause a bitter taste.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary and that’s it!
- Optional: you can absolutely mince the cilantro and the habanero and shake everything up in a jar if you can’t or don’t want to use a processor or a blender.
I've used anywhere from 1/2 cup - 1 cup cilantro leaves. Just use the amount you have on hand or adjust to accommodate your preferences.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dressing, Sauce
Nutrition Label is for 4 servings. (Does not include coconut aminos due to nutrition information being unavailable.)