You guys, horseradish + honey mustard. This is what happens when your man-piece wants a bloody mary for the Super Bowl and a jar of horseradish sits in your fridge for six months. I'm not complaining.
I started with significantly more dipping sauce than is pictured, but by the time the curly fries cooled off and the light was working in my favor...well...someone ate the honey mustard.
You're probably going to want to double the recipe! We primarily eat this sauce with baked fries of some sort, but it's also great anywhere honey mustard is required! Marinate your chicken. Mix it with a few tablespoons olive oil and vinegar and call it a salad dressing. Dip almond crusted chicken fingers in it. Whatever you do, it will be delicious. I'm including the recipe for the baked fries as well, just to make sure you have something to sop up all the sauce.Print
Up your curly fries with a zesty horseradish honey mustard. This easy condiment makes a delicious addtion to sandwiches and other vegetables too.
- 2 potatoes (red, sweet potato, whatever)
- 2 Tbsp oil (coconut or olive)
- salt, pepper, cayenne to taste
- For the Horseradish Honey Mustard:
- 1-2 teaspoons grated horseradish (I used two)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 2 Tablespoons dijon or spicy brown mustard (I used Trader Joe’s Spicy Brown Mustard)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- You can use the largest blade on your spiralizer to get curly fries, or the julienne blade on your mandolin. Otherwise, just chop them up to your desired thickness! The cooking instructions are for about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut ‘em up!
- Coat the potatoes with oil, then top with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. (Or any other seasonings you like.) Mix well and spread out even on one or two sheet pans. Try to get one even layer to ensure they bake and don’t steam.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then stir around and flip, and cook for another 15 minutes or so, checking occasionally. They will crisp up a bit as they cool. DIP IN HORSERADISH HONEY MUSTARD.
- For the Horseradish Honey Mustard: Mix together all ingredients and adjust to taste.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Sauce, Dip
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked curly fries, homemade condiment, horseradish honey mustard