Have you ever roasted grapes? It’s turning into a new obsession of mine after this first attempt. They’re so so so good. And mixed with goat cheese? THE BEST.
Disclaimer: Some ingredients for this post were provided by Melissa’s Produce. All opinions are mine!
It’s really worth trying, unless you’re one of those people who cannot stand goat cheese (ahem, Jorge, Zac). Then maybe skip the goat cheese? You weirdo.
For this dish, you’re basically just roasting some things and then mixing them together and topping them with goat cheese. How hard can it be? This is great side dish to go along with any kind of roasted chicken, salmon, or even just on its own. If you want it to be like a warm potato salad, I’d just mix everything together, even with some chicken chunks, and some dill…but I didn’t want to mix it for the picture.
This is the second post in a 2-post series for Melissa’s Produce! While I know it is customary to eat dessert after your main meal, I posted them backwards, and I’m sure nobody minds.
- 1 package (~1 lb) Melissa’s cooked baby potatoes
- 8 ounces Melissa’s steamed baby beets
- 2 cups Christmas crunch grapes
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- salt, pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Rinse the cooked potatoes and chop into chunks. Place in a pot with a lid and shake vigorously. They will get kind of fuzzy on the outside – perfect! Toss with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast in the oven for about 35 minutes, or until crunchy.
- Meanwhile, cut beets into cubes and leave the grapes whole. Mix together with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast on 425ºF for about 25-40 minutes, or until the grape skins are ready to burst.
- Category: Side Dish, Appetizer