Per Serving: $1.85
Do you guys wanna know what we eat when I'm working from home and Zac's off at work? Sometimes he gets a serving of delicious, but often he gets weird leftovers that I just want to get rid of. While he's at the office, forced to eat weird hodgepodge lunches, I'm making things like this.
Quesadillas for one! Balsamic-y sauteed onions, mushrooms, and zucchini with potent and melty blue cheese. Made perfect with homemade whole wheat tortillas.
I don't even have anything else to say. Just make this for your lunch and let the gooey cheesy goodness speak for itself. You can also make a whole bunch of these and then reheat them in the oven or microwave for quick lunches.
- One whole-wheat tortilla (try homemade)
- 2oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 oz blue cheese
- 1/4 small to medium onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a shallow pan, heat the oil over low-medium heat. Slice your onions into thin wedges and add to the pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to pan, continuing to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Chop zucchini into matchsticks and add to pan, cooking just until soft. Add balsamic vinegar and coat all vegetables, Remove from pan and set aside.
- Wipe out any remaining balsamic (the sugars will burn). Place tortilla in pan (add a little more oil if your pan needs it) for 30 seconds or so, then flip and add half of the blue cheese. Fill half tortilla with vegetables, top with remaining blue cheese, and fold over. Cook until warm and gooey, flipping once.
- NOTE: You can also bake quesadillas in oven for 5-10 minutes if you’d prefer.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Appetizer, Snack