But, if you try to eat boiled from-frozen brussels sprouts, then I guess it's not so surprising. I never really ate them growing up, and the first recipe I ever tried was Kalyn's Kitchen's shredded roasted brussels sprouts. After trying these and making a few of my own, I am definitely a super-huge fan.
They're nutty and crunchy and super delicious. AND incredibly easy. Cause, you know, they're roasted. I love them with almonds or walnuts or parmesan or lemon, but they're pretty delicious on their own.
Brussels Sprouts are about $1.99 a pound, which is about 4 cups.Print
- 3 cups brussels sprouts (about 30 sprouts)
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- *2 tsp sliced almonds or crushed walnuts (optional)
- Clean brussels sprouts, and remove any wilted or yellowish outer leaves, then chop off the ends.
- Cut sprouts into quarters, length-wise.
- Add about 1/2 a tablespoon of oil to the bottom of your baking sheet or pan, then add brussels sprouts and minced garlic. Add salt and pepper and toss to coat, adding another 1/2 tbsp of olive oil if necessary.
- Bake uncovered on 400 degrees fahrenheit for about 35 minutes or until crunchy and brown around the edges. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Side Dish