Recipe: $4.50 | Per Serving: $1.13 | Yield: 4-6 Servings
FIG BAKED BRIE!
For when you want to serve fancy-looking appetizers at a holiday party (or BRING a fancy appetizer to a holiday party), without actually doing very much work at all. It’s the easiest 2-ingredient fig baked brie of all time. I say two ingredients because I’m not counting water or salt. If you don’t already have those two things available, then you’ve got bigger issues than what to bring to a holiday party.
When I’m pigging out at the appetizer table, I mostly just want to eat cheese. Cheese in various form, thanks. Sure, I’ll take the bread and fruit if it’s there, but I’m always looking for things that are cheesy. And just like my other favorite appetizer, this one is cheesy!
The first time I made this, I ate half of it immediately. And since it’s best warm, I recommend you do the same. However, if you’re not binge-watching Modern Family alone, then go ahead and share. This feeds somewhere between 4-6 people. Or just 2 if you’re calling this your dinner. Just look at the ooey gooey cheesiness of it.
I’m all about easy appetizers, and there’s nothing wrong with providing store-bought snacks, but sometimes I really want to take that extra step to make something that I feel pretty good about eating. Dried figs? Brie cheese? Crackers? Fantastic. And if you’ve got any leftovers, you can squash them between two crackers and pack them in your lunch!Print
- 1 wheel brie (about 4–6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 – 1.5 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chop up the figs and place them in a small saucepan. Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low-medium heat, adding more water as needed, for 10 minutes, or until figs are soft and remaining water has been absorbed or evaporated. Add salt and remove from heat.
- Using a blender, food processor, or immersion stick, blend figs into a paste.
- Place cheese on parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with fig paste, kind of like icing a cake.
- Bake on 400ºF for 12 minutes.
- Serve on with crackers, apples, or with warm bread.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins