Make way for an easy weeknight dinner that takes approximately 30 minutes, two sheet pans, and no cutting board! Get ready for juicy sheet pan chicken thighs and flavorful vegetables!
Recipe: $11.20 | Per Serving: $2.80 | Yield: 4
We are always trying to balance taste, convenience, price, and nutrition - I consider these four things for every single recipe I post on this blog.
The perfect balance of these is kind of a unicorn, but I think this sheet pan dinner is pretty close to the center of that four-part Venn Diagram.
This Sheet Pan Chicken Thigh and Vegetable Recipe is...
- Super tasty - hello chicken thighs and roasted broccoli
- Very simple - using pre-cut vegetables! just a few ingredients!
- Affordable - not the cheapest, but under $3 per serving.
- Nutrient-dense! - TWO different vegetables + protein, and fat
It's also a lighter meal. I love using this recipe for meal prep, to pair with random vegetables, or when you're coming home from a trip to an empty fridge. You only need a few ingredients and it comes together so quickly!
I will note that this is just 3-4 servings, so here are some tips for bulking it up!
How to BOOST this Sheet Pan Dinner
- Serve with quinoa or rice
- Top with avocado
- Mix the cooked squash with a can of black beans
- Top with a hearty scoop of hummus
Dietary Modifications and Substitutions
It sure can! Obviously, you'd have to omit the chicken. You can omit the chicken and toss a can of (drained) chickpeas with the oil, spices, and butternut squash before baking, or omit the chicken and serve with hummus and quinoa. Let me know how you like it!
Yes, it is! Completely Whole30 too.
At 400ºF, boneless, skinless chicken thighs should cook for 18-30 minutes, depending on their size.
The nice thing about chicken thighs is that the higher fat content makes them harder to overcook. You have to be careful with chicken breasts, which is why I don't usually use them for these kinds of recipes.
You can, but keep in mind that it takes a bit longer to cook bone-in chicken.
Use your favorite vegetables instead! Just be sure to use hearty vegetables that will cook in around the same amount of time. Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, red onion, and chunks of bell pepper should all work.
If you use parchment paper - here's a great tip! If you ball up the parchment paper and then smooth it out on the pan, it stays in place and works perfectly for mixing the vegetables directly on the pan.
This recipe is super fast and super delicious - I hope you make it and enjoy it as much as I do. Tag me on Instagram and don't forget to leave this recipe a star rating below!
Hungry for more?
Here are some ideas to get your taste buds buzzing!
- Here's what to do with your leftover chicken
- Kale & Avocado Caesar Salad that you can add your chicken too
- Garlic Roasted Green Beans for a delicious side dish
- Lemon Almond Broccoli
- Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin
↓ PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER! ↓
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs and Veggies
- 1 ½ pound chicken thighs
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 Tablespoons oil avocado oil recommended, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Pile the broccoli florets in the middle of a parchment-lined tray. Toss with 2 Tablespoons oil, and about half the seasonings. Spread out on a sheet pan in one even layer.
- On another sheet pan, do the same with the butternut squash - pile it up, toss with 1 Tablespoon of oil and most of the remaining seasoning. (I recommend setting aside 1 teaspoon for the chicken.) Spread it out on a sheet pan, making a large space in the middle!
- Arrange the chicken in the middle. Drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
- Bake both sheet pans for 30 minutes on 400ºF, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Be sure to comment below and leave a star rating so I know what you think!
It doesn't get any better than chicken and veggies! Love this easy and delicious meal. :)
Yummy and so easy on those nights when I'm feeling lazy about putting a meal on the table.