Recipe: $4.99 | Per Serving: $0.70 | Yield: 8 | Jump to Recipe
Do you know the only thing better than maple candied pecans is spicy maple candied pecans? Because spicy maple candied pecans are sweet candied pecans with SPICE. And flaky sea salt. That combo is on point.
There are so many things to love about this recipe, but let me tell you what’s the best: all. whole. foods. We’re looking at four simple ingredients: pecans, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and sea salt. That’s it!
- and real-food-approved
Super easy to make and perfect for snacking. Pecans, like many other nuts, contain both fiber and healthy fats, which is one reason why nuts are such a filling snack. Paired with just enough salt, sweet, and spice, and you’ve got a snack that will satisfy most cravings.
If you, like me, are easily addicted to thinks like the Trader Joe’s spiced pecans, then you will absolutely love this homemade version!
You can (and should) eat these as is, but they also make a great addition to a fancy holiday cheese plate, a salad topping, or with vanilla ice cream (might I take this opportunity to recommend my favorite Straus Creamery Vanilla Ice Cream?).
These little guys are also a fun Holiday Food Gift, which are all the rage these days. You could also modify this recipe by replacing the cayenne with cinnamon, nutmeg, or ground ginger for a warm spice alternative, which is especially good if you’re not particularly into spice.
Go ahead, whip ’em up and see for yourself!
How to Make Maple Candied Pecans
- Combine all ingredients on a sheet pan (pecans, maple syrup, cayenne, salt).
- Bake on 375ºF for about 5-9 minutes, checking occasionally and stirring as needed.
- Sprinkle with a little flaky sea salt (if desired). Spread out to cool and that’s it!
- 1.5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (can increase to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups pecans (8 oz)
- + dash of coarse or flakey sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine maple syrup, cayenne, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in a large bowl. Stir well, then add the pecans and stir until well coats.
- Dump pecans onto a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes. Check to ensure they’re not burning and stir if desired. Cook another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with flakey sea salt. Spread out a little to cool.
Nutrition label is based on 8 servings, but this is probably enough for 15+.