Recipe: $7.06 | Per Serving: $1.77 | Yield: 4
THIS IS EVERYTHING. Ground turkey, creamy coconut milk, a little spice, vegetables (bell peppers and spinach), and a touch of tomato paste and you’ve arrived at this super incredibly awesome weeknight dinner called One-Pan Ground Turkey & Peppers.
I have been super into these one-pan dinners lately. My focus on easy weeknight dinners happened because I really wanted Zac (my super non-chef BF) to have some options for when I really needed him to make dinner. I even started a whole Easy Weeknight Recipes Pinterest board with him in mind.
Then he mentioned that he gravitates towards dishes that are “One-Pan” or “5-Ingredients” because he assumes they’ll be easy and make fewer dirty dishes, so I headed in that direction too.
But then a few things happened: I realized that I actually needed these recipes in my life, and because I regularly get home around 6:45pm, and if you throw in an evening run, that means it’s probably 7:30 before you’re even close to starting dinner. And since I like to be in bed ridiculously early (9:50 is my ideal time), this means fast & easy is often on the menu.
Now I have a whole slew of incredibly Easy Weeknight Recipes, like:
- Jalapeño Chicken Skillet with Kale
- One-Pan Broccoli Mac & Cheese
- One-Pot Sausage, White Beans, and Kale
- Easy Ground Pork Stir Fry
- 4-Ingredient Coconut Chickpeas with Tomatoes
- and this One Pan Coconut Ground Turkey & Peppers.
These are the dishes that regularly hit our dinner table because they take very little forethought (HI FREEZER & PANTRY INGREDIENTS), and they’re dishes anybody can make! I love it so much, and I wonder why I didn’t start making more of these dishes sooner.This One-Pan Coconut Ground Turkey & Peppers dish requires:
✔️ one pan (duh)
✔️ zero prep time (!!!)
✔️ frozen vegetables!
You can eat it as is, or serve it with rice, roasted sweet potatoes, or whatever else you’re in the mood for. Cheddar Garlic Biscuits? Why not?
For Paleo: Yep!
For Vegetarian: Try swapping out the turkey for cooked chickpeas. I haven’t tried it, but it should be a good swap!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!Print
This creamy and delicious one pan meal is perfect for fast and easy weeknight dinners!
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or any oil)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen bell peppers
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- optional: brown rice for serving
- Warm the oil in a large skillet. Brown the turkey until cooked through.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, and coconut milk. Stir well, then add in the frozen bell peppers.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for about 6 minutes, or until the peppers are soft. Stir in the spinach and cook until spinach is warm, about 2-3 minutes.